Consider the following when deciding whether you would like to use health insurance coverage for psychotherapy:
• Confidentiality: All insurance companies require some information about the reason for psychological treatment in order to process your claim. Managed care plans often require detailed information regarding the problem for which you are seeking help, which may include: history of the problem, presenting symptoms, family and work life history, your level of functioning, and more. The information is entered into increasingly large information systems; confidentiality cannot be assumed.
• Control of Treatment: Managed care companies use the information about you to decide if treatment is medically necessary, what kind of therapy is approved, and how long it should continue. The therapeutic goals used by managed care companies may be at odds with your personal therapeutic goals.
Health Insurance Accepted
• Anthem Blue Cross
• Beacon Health Options (ValueOptions)
• Behavioral Health Systems (BHS)
• Kaiser Permanente
• Optum/United Behavioral Health
• United Medical Resources (UMR)
• Out of Network
Forms of Payment Accepted for Co-pay
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Out of Network Provider
If you are insured under a health insurance network that I do not accept, I am able to provide you with a monthly statement of services that you can submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement, depending on your plan. Please check with your health insurance carrier regarding reimbursement to you for using Out-of-Network providers.
If it would be helpful to you, we can discuss your options.